- All IEEE ComSoc student members (undergraduate/postgraduate) can participate in this contest.
- Each team may comprise up to 6 student members for the organization, in which 50% of the team members should be affiliated to ComSoc.
Teams can select one of the following events to commemorate International Women’s day:
- Wall of Fame, a display to highlight the achievements of women in your organisation who have reached significant milestones in their careers or who have made a significant impact in the organisation.
- Thank her video capturing participants highlighting women who inspire them.
- Q&A session with a group of change-making women to discuss embracing equity in all aspects of women’s lives.
- Experts talk or panel discussion with women in communication engineering sharing their life experiences, knowledge, and expert advice.
- Any event that coincides with the theme of this contest.
- The participants can submit a video or pictures capturing their event.
- The maximum video length is 180 seconds. All videos must be in English, or if in another language, must include English subtitles.
- Pictures must be accompanied by a title and a short description in English.
- The work must showcase imagination and creativity to balance technical and aesthetic parts.
- Event organizing teams may use the hashtag (i.e., #WICE23) to announce and share information on social platforms. Accordingly, attendees’ testimonies comprising their thoughts and observations will be considered.
- The event must be conducted during March, after which a deadline of 1 week will be given to prepare the contributions.
- Each team can submit only one entry by selecting one event category.
- Each team must submit their event’s evidence, including all the required documentation; otherwise, it will not be considered.
- The teams must ensure the consent of the event hosts and speakers before submitting the video recordings and pictures capturing them.
- Participants can submit the video/image files using the submission form below by filling in the necessary details :
Two award winners’ teams will be selected, and each winning team will receive a cash prize with the following distribution:
- 1st Place: USD $400 per team
- 2nd Place: USD $300 per team
In addition, one team out of the remaining will receive a consolation prize of USD $100 per team.
The funds will be transferred to one person indicated by the team or to the local student branch (if the participants are part of one).
A certificate of participation will be given to every team participating in this contest.
Submission Deadline: April 8, 2023