YP/WICE MENTORING SESSION
Monday, September 5th, 2022
Location:18-20 N. Nikodimou Street (Electra Palace Hotel)
The ComSoc Women in Communications Engineering (WICE) organized a mentoring session together with YP, which took place in conjunction with the IEEE MeditCom conference on September 5th, 2022.
This Panel aimed to inspire Young Engineers and Women in Communications Engineering by interacting with speakers from industry and academia, all of them successful Mentors! Mentorship topics could include the following:
– Industry, Academia or Research: Which path should I follow after my graduation?
– How to Become a Fellow member of ComSoc
– Opportunities for volunteering and leadership within IEEE
- John S. Baras, University of Maryland, USA
- Rolland Vida, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Carlos Faouzi Bader, Technology Innovation Institute, UAE
- Toktam Mahmoodi, King’s College London, United Kingdom
- Periklis Chatzimisios (International Hellenic University, Greece & University of New Mexico, USA)
The workshop featured professional training and mentoring as well as technical interactions of participants with common research interests. It was a day of learning and networking!
More information in the conference web site