WICE Travel Grants
WICE offers support to female students through travel grants at conferences such as WCNC, ICC and Globecom.
The candidates should apply to the travel grants of the corresponding conferences. The selected recipients will participate in the organization of a WICE event at the conference under the mentorship of a WICE representative.
This has been made possible through the IEEE ComSoc support.
List of recipients:
- Jinlu Shen and Trang Ngoc Cao to organize the WICE luncheon at ICC 2019, under the mentorship of Prof. Ana Garcia Armada.
- Shubha Sharma (Nanyang Technological University, SG) to organize the WICE panel at Globecom 2018, under the mentorship of Dr. Diana Dawoud.
- Sara Abozeid Attlla (American University in Cairo, Egypt) and Wahida Nasrin (University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA) to organize joint event with WIE and ComSoc YP “Research, Innovation and Commercialization – Opportunities and Challenges” at Globecom 2017, under the mentorship of Prof. Ana Garcia Armada (University Carlos III of Madrid).
- Jiaqi Chen (Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China) and Lulu Ge (National Mobile Communications Research Laboratory, Southeast University, China) to organize joint event and panel with ComSoc YP “Navigating your career in Telecommunications” at ICC 2017, under the mentorship of Prof. Ana Garcia Armada (University Carlos III of Madrid).
- Yani Nie (Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications) and Ghizlane Mountaser (King’s College London) to organize the WICE panel “How to encourage young women in Communications Engineering – best practices and experiences” at WCNC 2017, under the mentorship of Prof. Ana Garcia Armada (University Carlos III of Madrid).