WICE meeting at ICC 2016
WICE Meeting at IEEE ICC 2016
The WICE ComSoc Standing Committee meeting was held on May 26, 2016 from 12:30 – 14:00 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, in conjunction with the IEEE ComSoc 2016 ICC Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Welcome & Introduction – WICE Chair Octavia A. Dobre welcomed the members to the meeting. Attendees introduced themselves.
- Minutes of Globecom 2015 – Minutes from the Globecom 2015 meeting were approved.
- Report of the Chair –included information regarding the WICE Executive Committee (2016-2017), the web site, email list, social networks, the P&Ps and IEEE Fellows 2016. The presentation of the WICE Chair is available here.
- N2Women-WICE Event at ICC 2016– the event was organized with two invited talks:
- Melissa Duarte, Huawei, France
- Maite Brandt-Pearce (WICE Former Vice Chair, University of Virginia)
WICE representative in the event was Meryem Simsek.
- Childcare Program at Globecom 2016 – it is being led by Prof. Maite Brandt-Pierce.
- WICE Workshop on Communications and Signal Processing 2016–It will be held on Dec. 4th (full day) at IEEE Globecom 2016, Washington DC. The Organizing committee (alphabetical order) meets monthly via Skype: Jean Armstrong, Irina Atov, Ana Garcia Armada, Mari Carmen Aguayo-Torres, Sinem Coleri Ergen, Octavia Dobre, Shalinee Kishore, Philippa Martin, Maite Brand-Pearce, Nada Philip, Meryem Simsek, Urbashi Mitra, Yahong Rosa Zheng, Katie Wilson.. The details of the program were presented.
- Other Business – The following actions for Summer-Fall were discussed:
- Call for WICE award nominations.
- Call for D2L nominations.
Adjourn – The meeting was adjourned at 14:00. There were 14 people in attendance.