ComSoc Student Travel grants to attend WICE workshop at GC 2019
These travel supports are to encourage and inspire women and minority in the field of communications and networking as well as to enable sharing scientific information and stimulating research interests. It is a competitive award to promote diversity in the field of communications.
Conditions for receiving an award are as follows:
- The applicant has to be enrolled as a student (graduate or undergraduate) at the time of application.
- The student has to be a COMSOC member to receive the award. If you aren’t currently a ComSoc student member, you may still join and apply for a student travel grant. Please go to https://www.comsoc.org/membership/joincomsoc
- Students from under-represented groups (women or other minority) will get a higher preference for the award.
- A reference letter from advisor indicating the current status of the student.
- You have to register for the WICE workshop to apply for the travel grant.
- Attend the WICE workshop and provide all receipts in original for reimbursement.
Each award is up to $800 for domestic attendees and $1,500 for international attendees, subject to the travel reimbursement. An awardee must register and attend the workshop in person. Payment will only be made to the student as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts) within 45 days after the workshop. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive the WICE award.
IEEE is committed to the principle that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, services, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by IEEE policy and/or applicable laws. For more information on the IEEE policy visit http://www.ieee.org/nondiscrimination/
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be submitted electronically via this link
The application must include the following:
- Applicant’s CV
- A support letter from the advisor in the institution letterhead including the following information:
- The date of enrollment at the PhD/Master/Bachelor program and the expected date for graduation;
- Confirmation that the student is enrolled with good standing;
- List of the conferences/workshops previously attended by the student;
- The suitability of the WICE Workshop program to the student’s research area;
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student;
- Availability of funds from other sources to cover the total cost of travel.
- Application deadline: October 15, 2019
- Acceptance notification: October 20, 2019