Add to Calendar
May 22, 2018 @ 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
The WICE ComSoc Standing Committee meeting was held on May 22, 2018 from 17:00 – 18:30 at the Westin Hotel, in conjunction with the IEEE ComSoc 2018 International Conference on Communications, Kansas City, USA.
- Welcome & Introduction – WICE Chair Ana Garcia Armada welcomed the members to the meeting. Attendees introduced themselves.
- Approval of Minutes (IEEE Globecom 2017) – minutes were approved.
- WICE Executive – it was presented by the WICE Chair.
- Report of the Chair – included information regarding organized events, Student Travel Grants, Child Care Grants and 2018 WICE Awards. The presentation of the WICE Chair is available here.
- Future initiatives – future events were discussed for NanoCom 2018, GC 2018, ICC 2019 and GC 2019 (workshop). The nomination process for WICE awards 2018 will soon start. The new initiatives of creating an External Nominations Committee and helping collect diversity metrics were discussed.
- Other Business – We were contacted by Hatti Hamlin from the Marconi Society to collaborate. Meryem Simsek will follow up.
- Adjourn – The meeting was adjourned at 18:30.